Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Suffering through dictation....

Good gracious! As some of you know, I am in school for medical transcription and am at the point where all I do (pretty much) is type sample reports. I am currently in the middle of a 15 minute dictation!! I don’t think I am going to get through this one!! Don’t get me wrong, it is all very interesting and I enjoy (most of) what I am learning to do, but there is only SO long you can listen to someone drone on about the same 2 inches of a person’s body. I am currently working on the surgery portion of my sample reports and some doctors are in and out and get the job done. Slice her open, tie a few things off, clean ‘er up, and get outta there! This guy is just killing me, it’s a good thing this doctor is probably no longer in practice (and that they don’t actually give me his real name) because I am about ready to give him a call. I mean his descriptions are SOO detailed in EVERY step!! I am pretty sure I could just listen to the man’s dictation and recreate the surgery myself! I know, on the patient’s care side of things, it is probably good that he is so thorough…. But I have had enough!
Well, now that I got that out, I’ll try and go finish the note. It is a good thing that I got half of today off too because of the blizzard; I NEED the extra time to get this one done!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I know what you mean about the long dictations. You'll get through it and be just fine. =)

    ReplyDelete